Camel Trekking Sahara in Morocco – 8 Days
Camel Trekking Sahara in Morocco Chigaga Dunes 8 Days
Excellent camel trekking Sahara in Morocco to Experience the magical world of the Sahara desert, with its spectacular sunsets and sunrises, magnificent dunes and star-filled silent nights.
Beyond the atlas Mountains, the road descends through the palm-fringed Draa valley to Zagora “the gateway to the Sahara”. Then comes to an end in the vicinity of the oasis town of M’hamid. Firstly a wonderful night in a fixed Berber camp, then plunge into the desert and set off Sahara camel trek across a magnificent chigaga dunes region.
Sahara Trekking towards the giant dunes known as Erg Chigaga dunes, home of the highest dunes in Morocco. Which we’ll climb and explore! with our team of camels and their handlers. 4 days Sahara trek crossing spectacular dunes. Some of which can be amazing 200 meters high. Each night, we set up camp among the dunes. Watch sunsets in addition to starry skies. Wake to Saharan sunrises and experience the hospitality of our local team. The occasional rocky plateaus and a rare tamaris settlements. Road a perfect introduction to Morocco Sahara camels trekking on a true dune adventure!
Sahara Camel Trekking Highlights:
- Traditional camel caravanning through the Saharan desert.
- Spectacular sunrise and sunset from Morocco’s highest dune Erg Chigaga.
- Wild desert camping under magical Saharan stars.
- Experience the friendliness and hospitality of the Berber people.
- Explore the exotic Marrakech, and the colourful UNESCO Jamaa el Fna.
Sahara Camel Trek at a Glance:
- Day 1: Fly to Marrakech
- Day 2: Marrakech – Tichka pass – Zagora – Ouled Driss.
- Day 3: Ouled Driss – El mazouaria dunes – Oued Naam
- Day 4: Oued Naam – Erg Bouguerne
- Day 5: Erg Bouguerne – Fom Laalag source – Erg Chigaga
- Day 6: Erg Chigaga – Erg Lghoul
- Day 7: Erg Lghoul – Zawyat Sidi Abdnbi – Marrakech
- Day 8: The end of the tour
> SaharaTours you might also like: